I've decided to start a blog about my trucking adventures because all this wonderful stuff is happening and I know in a few years or even a few months I will probably forget most of it. I named my blog Girl Trucker Au Contraire because au contraire means, on the contrary, and that's exactly how I feel: the most unlikeliest trucker ever! But I do take my job seriously and I do try to be safe in everything I do. (but if you ever see my truck running down the road, you might want to keep a wide berth hahaha!!)
I must give a fair warning however that I really don't know how to blog. I've even already messed up because this was supposed to be my first post, but now it's like the 3rd post.
A little bit of background about us: I was born and raised in Alaska, joined the Air Force, lved in North Dakota and then Omaha, Nebraska where I met my Panamanian, Manuel. I had a secure but boring desk job at PayPal. He was a new-construction house painter but we saw the bottom falling on that career so we decided to take a couple of dump trucks to his country. When that didn't work out we shipped one back to Florida, and within a year decided to dump the whole dump truck business haha. Anyway, the logical step up from there was to truck driving, so we got ourselves enrolled in a driving school, Ptec in St. Petersburg, and from there got hired by Schneider National. We are probably the most un-truck driver type of people you will ever meet. Daily things happen to us to prove this, and this is why I've started this blog :)
This is the truck the company gave us, a brand new 2012 Freightliner Cascadia:
No comments:
Post a Comment